Thursday, October 15, 2009

Unsuccessful

Okay, so the hair cut didn't go as planned. I mean, it's not a disaster, and I have learned at this point in life that it's just hair and it will grow out, but I sort of look like a ten year old right now. The girl cutting my hair (who had very cute hair, by the way, so I trusted her) talked me out of bangs, and apparently layers. I am exaggerating a bit, but I do normally like a few more layers than I currently have. It is a bit of a let down, since I have been anticipating the hair cut for so long.

It didn't help that it was raining today, so my hair was rained on all day. Maybe it will be better tomorrow in the fall sunshine (or so the weatherman predicts). The good news is that after growing it out for so long, even with a new short cut, I can almost still pull it into a pony tail. That is good news for this often hurried mom.

My hair plan? I will grow it out for a few weeks because it's not a bad cut--I mean it's even and neat and those kinds of things--and then I will go back and try again with someone else. And I will explain that I really mean it when I say I like short, choppy layers.

In the mean time, we are having family pictures made this Saturday morning, and I will be looking like a pregnant ten year old. Perfect for a Christmas card, don't you think;)

p.s. I will post a picture soon, but tonight I really look too rough to show myself in public. You understand, right? Amanda, this might motivate you to keep growing that hair out;)

4 comments:

Jessica said...

so funny because in a "I can't stand my hair any longer" moment today I went to get my haircut at 6:00! And, like you, I feel like I look like a ten year old as well! But it does feel better than it did. It's clean and even and like you, I'm not as consumed with my hair style as I once used to be. But like you, I'd like more layers. I said layers and still, can't get it to look how it looks in my head. So sorry about your cut. I'm sure it looks just fine! But I can totally relate this evening!!!!

Mary Ann said...

Sooo funny that you said you're going to look like a pregnant ten year old in the picture that will be taken on Sat. You couldn't look too bad, L.B., because you're too cute. Anyway, yes, your hair will most assuredly grow out, and you can, like you said, go to another stylist.

Amanda said...

Oh sad. I understand. I always anticipate a great cut and never get exactly what i want. It is like you can have one great hair cut that ruins your expectations for every other one. Actually, I'm going to keep growing mine. I'm just going for a trim. Seriously, I'm going to tell her to cut the dead ends off and maybe shape it up a little. My goal is to grow it until I can't stand it anymore. I'll let you know how it goes :)

LB said...

Amanda--apparently long hair is what is in right now. The last two times I got my hair cut (counting yesterday) the girls cutting my hair seemed to think I shouldn't cut it short, so I think your plan is a good one.

Jessica--I found comfort in knowing you were feeling my same emotions:) We will be ten together:)

Mary Ann--thanks for the encouragement:)