Sunday, October 4, 2009

I'm blogging again

I know, I know, I need to get off the computer and get a life.

But I am so thrilled with all that I have accomplished this weekend, that I just had to share. This is a big deal for me!!

Get this. All three bathrooms are clean. As in, on my hands and knees, scrubbed clean. All three!!

The living room, kitchen, and dining room (office) are clean--vacuumed and everything.

Ada's bedroom is still clutter free and fairly spotless.

Our room is well on its way to being clean. As soon as I type this, I am headed upstairs to fold a mountain of clothes while I watch Gilmore Girls and I need to vacuum.

What still needs to be done as far as cleaning goes? The master closet is a disaster. The junk room is now filled floor to ceiling with things that must be organized, and the guest room is covered in coupon paraphernalia. But, that is only three rooms. After the cleaning we have done this weekend, that's nothing.

I have my house in good enough shape that I can now implement my House Works weekly cleaning plan in order to keep things in shape. This has been the goal for a while now.

Daily I have to make beds, wash, dry, and put away two loads of laundry, clear kitchen counters and wipe down stove, clean kitchen sink, empty kitchen garbage, sweep kitchen floor, pick up family room and play areas (put away toys, remove clutter, etc.)

Weekly I have to change bed linens, clean bathrooms, clean kitchen counters and wipe inside of the microwave, wash or dust hardwood surfaces, dust furniture, vacuum carpets and rugs, check entryway and sweep if needed.

I am just so glad to be at this point in the organization process. Will you celebrate with me, internet friends?

6 comments:

Ann said...

I'm celebrating! Although, I'm a little closer to the situation than just an internet friend :)

Ashley Turnbull said...

LB, I am so proud of you! You have to just take it one day at a time...just what you're doing! It's inspiring. I do a lot of my cleaning on Mondays...mainly to "recover" from the weekend. And yes, room by room...that's all you can do!

Rachel said...

WOO HOO!! That is awesome! You are going to laugh when you read my post- I didn't clean at all this weekend... because I become obsessed with it, and spend very little time with Wyatt. I need some of you to rub off on me!!

Mary Ann said...

Frankly, I could care less what you do with your house. I just want to see pictures of Ada. I'm kidding, I promise. But I do like seeing pictures of Ada. I'm happy for you for all the good cleaning you've done in your house. Happy, but jealous.

Love you!!!!

LB said...

Mary Ann--I always try to be aware when it has been a while since I posted pictures because I know you are dying to see them:) In fact, I took some today, so I will post soon:)

Suehaad said...

That's great. I also have a goal of doing 2-3 loads of laundry from start to finish each day and it really has made a difference. I remember when my husband used to ask, "Are you ever going to do laundry again?" and now, he gets to pull our fresh, clean clothes and somehow they magically appear there:)