Wednesday, October 14, 2009

It's been a successful week

Well, I am almost to the end of my week with mom, and we have accomplished much. I feel so much more prepared for John's arrival. Thank you, mom!! I told her today that I didn't realize just how much I could accomplish in a day.

Let me show you what we have been up to.These are boxes full of old teaching stuff, and I threw much away. This is the stuff that I felt the need to keep, "just in case." Let me show you all that I am throwing away.
Can you believe this was "clogging" up my house? (mainly my closets!!!)

And Ada has been her usual self in the midst of all the cleaning out--you know, climbing and jumping. Today we told her that walker pictured below was for Andrew to use, so the rest of the day she liked to climb in and announce that she was Baby Andrew. She also liked to climb onto the tray part and jump off.
Here are the baby clothes we are getting rid of.And here are the ones to be stored just in case another little girl ever shows up on our door step;)In the mean time, my bedroom has stayed clean (thank you, mom!) despite the organizing and tutoring and Ada watching that still had to be done.And here is the closet where all of these things were. Can you believe it? We hope to turn this particular closet into a little play area for Ada. With John on the way, she won't have the luxury of an entire play room, but this closet is quite roomy and even has its very own window. Mom and I are envisioning a "play house" type situation. It is attached to a room that will become an office/sewing room/extra sleeping space room. What still needs to be done?
this disaster will eventually become John's room. And after I weed out and throw away unused toys, I will corral everything into the play "closet."
And this pile of junk--it's Scott job. Do you see the dvds? He's been collecting these since college. Tomorrow we are taking a break from all the hard work and we are headed to my old stomping grounds--Vinings. I am so thrilled. Why are we going, you ask? Because I am finally getting that overdue hair cut. I have been talking about getting my hair cut since July, and it is now October. Oh my word, I am so excited. I am returning to the place where I used to go because after waiting this long, I want to be sure I like what they do.
So...that's our week in summary. How is yours going?

4 comments:

Mary Ann said...

In these pictures, Ada reminds me of Kate at that age. I know they don't look alike in the face. It's just something about her shape, the way she's standing, tucking one leg under herself, etc.

I'm glad you and Elizabeth had a productive week. Hope you have fun in Vinings.

Rachel said...

Great job! Thanks for the pics. Everything is looking really, really good. I am excited at all the progress you have made!

Ann said...

Ahhh...the organization and the throwing away of junk. Makes me feel good. It's the best feeling. I like your bedspread. Is that a new dresser and mirror? I hope Andrew can use the walker...you know how Steven is about the floors. That may give him a heart attack! Can't wait to see the haircut. Please don't forget to send the stroller and carseat(it might actually be at moms-not sure). I hope Ada does okay saying bye to Near.

Nicole said...

My brother used to live in the vinings. I love that area!!!