Sunday, October 25, 2009

Let the Christmas Shopping Begin

This morning in my pajamas, I picked up these items for Ada's Christmas.All of the above items were completely free to me, thanks to swagbucks. If you want to join me in free amazon shopping, sign up for swagbucks here. I love swagbucks because it has saved our family tons of money.

I still want to buy a few more books, a baby doll and accessories, and an art easel and art supplies. I plan to wait and see if there are any after Thanksgiving baby doll deals, and we have a gift card to Ikea where I will purchase the easel. I hope to keep the money spent on Ada's Christmas under 50.00, and I think it is very possible.

I still want to get Ellie's old doll house from Ann (if it's still available). If it's not, I might scratch some of the above gifts and purchase a doll house off of Amazon.

Moms who have kids a step above Ada, what have been your preschoolers favorite toys? I always feel like it's a gamble. Will she play with what I buy or will it be a waste? I just never know. Last year, I spent about 5.00 each on a toy toaster and microwave, and those have been the biggest hits of all. I never would have guessed. They were spur of the moment deals I found during the morning after Thanksgiving craze, and I threw them in the cart.

Anyway...I am happy to get a jump on Christmas shopping when Halloween has even happened. Woo-hoo!!

2 comments:

Redheaded Adventures said...

My kids both LOVED/LOVE Fisher Price Little People anything! Samuel is just now growing out of it and he is 4 1/2 so I got a good 3 years out of them. Lucy LOVEs them!!! There are usually good deals on used ones out there.

Jenny said...

I know this comment is a little late but I was checking this post again for the name of the Bible stories book you're getting for Ada.

Andrew just turned 3 yesterday, but last year for Christmas he really enjoyed puzzles. We have several of the Melissa & Doug puzzles, but he especially liked the ones that made sound. He's learned his colors,numbers and letters with the help of puzzles.