Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Halfway through the week

Because of the colds that have hit us, it's been a sort of survival week.

Scott has already blogged about our night over on his blog, but I thought I would quickly share how things are going.

Basically, Ada woke up around 3:30, crying very hard, having thrown up all over herself, her blanket, and her sheets. It wasn't pretty. I am guessing it had to do with the cold and lying still and all that junk in her lungs? Anyway, it was 3:30 in the morning, and Ada was covered in throw up.

Well, we had to get her blanket into the washing machine, which caused immediate hysterics. And I do mean hysterics. Then, I tried to take her pajamas off, but all of a sudden she became very attached to her kitty pajamas. I mean, she was running from me and screaming, and it was not good. So finally, needing to calm her down before we could proceed, I cuddled with her, throw up and all, for a very long time. I kept thinking, only as a parent would you cuddle with someone covered in throw up. The night was progressing and Ada's hair and clothing was a mess, so I was trying to think creatively. Then it hit me that Ada's Curious George pajamas were clean. I bribed her into the bath tub with the promise of Curious George on the dvd player and Curious George pajamas (we own no Elmo pajamas by the way) waiting on her afterward. It worked. We finally got her clean, got her blanket clean, changed her sheets, and eventually she went back to bed sometime around 4:30ish. I was still suffering from the same cold--head pounding, throat hurting, nose running, and thankfully Scott agreed to stay home from work so that I could get some rest.

And rest I did!! I slept for four hours this afternoon. It was Heaven, and I think that Ada and I are both on the mend.

In the mean time, Sarah asked about Harry Potter in the comments last night. I did finish Harry Potter--all of them. And I have many thoughts to blog. But everything that I wish to discuss would involve my giving away secrets of some sort, so yes, Sarah, we need to talk in person. Bottom line, I loved the books. Maybe my favorite books to read--ever. I have favorite books to teach, favorite books to study, favorite books to write about, but to just plain read? Harry Potter might win. Seriously.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

oh man, so sorry for the long night! I hope ya'll are feeling better! The only time Hannah has ever thrown up is when she had a cold and all the junk got settled in her throat I guess...probably too much information right now! Glad you got some rest yesterday!