Saturday, October 17, 2009

Getting Back to the Routine

I am feeling more and more pregnant these days. For whatever reason, I have started getting very sick every single morning. I am so tired of this morning ritual, that today, I grabbed a bag, sat down in front of the computer to carry on with my morning, and I just paused every once in a while to get sick. I don't feel nauseous; I just all of sudden know that I am going to be sick. I will take this over that first trimester nausea for sure!! The only problem is, my back and ribs are so sore from going through the process every day. I think I am going to stop the prenatal for a while and return to folic acid and Flintstones to see if that will do the trick.

Yesterday in Auburn, I was also reminded of my pregnancy when I became so drowsy I could hardly stand it. I told mom and my sisters that I wasn't sure how I was going to drive back to Atlanta. I was a bit panicked to be honest with you. I felt like I had been drugged. Mom made the suggestion that I take a quick nap at Kate's house while they ran some errands with Ada in tow, and I was so relieved. The second my head hit Kate's pillow I fell fast asleep. I think I only slept for maybe 30 minutes, but I felt great afterwards. Thank you, mom, for knowing just what I needed.
I think I must have worn myself out this week. Mom and I worked so hard, but I feel so good about everything. The house is in really good shape, and I am now able to feel really excited about John's arrival rather than stressed. Plus, I am more able to enjoy this fall weather and the anticipation of Thanksgiving and Christmas knowing that things are in order. Of course, there is still much to do--paint, furniture, etc. etc., but Ann sent two boxes full of little boy clothes, and I know that it will all get done. A few weeks ago, I wasn't so sure.

In the mean time, the normal routines of life are carrying on. You know, couponing and such. After our morning photo session (more on that later), I took a nap while Ada slept, and then the whole family headed out to Publix and Kroger. It was a successful day. My goal was to stay under 60.00, and I did it. Woo-hoo!!!

Here's my list.
And here are the numbers.

Spent: 57.09

Saved: 73.95

So...131.04 worth of groceries for 57.09. I'll take it!!

Now Ada is in bed, football is on tv, and I have a stack of coupons waiting to be organized. What a glamorous life I live;)

I'll leave you with this image--a little piece of fall from our house to yours.

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

From Mom who is on Kate's new computer.
First: I'm wondering if John who is growing in your belly is aggravating that reflux you had a while back!! It occurred to be as I was reading your post! Also - oh - the tug in my heart, seeing those pictures of Ada! I was just there, seeing her a lot! We can't be everywhere at once - but it just killed me seeing those pix. MOM, in Auburn at Kate's house. :-)

Hank and Anna Uzzell said...

lb, love reading your updates:) hope you are doing well!

Lauren said...

I had a little bit of that reflux at the end of my last pregnancy. Thankfully I have been spared so far from it with this one. :-) Enjoyed your updates and pictures on all the progress you made in your baby prep. With our little boy arriving in December I have a lot left on my to-do list. Cute pictures of Ada too!!

Susan said...

Hey lady. I know you don't know me from Adam, but I'm a friend of Ann's and she suggested your blog awhile ago.. I can't remember why.. so I've been checking in every once in awhile. Maybe because I'm prego with #2, too, and I'm just curious how other mama's survive :) But anyway, I have the worst morning sickness, and it lasts FOREVER, and my midwife gave me zofran. They come in tabs that dissolve in your mouth so you don't even have to keep a pill down. I take it before I even get up in the morning and it does seem to help a bit. One pill lasts 8 hours.. could be worth a shot. I hate throwing up :)
Also, I would like to apologize for the unsolicited advice from a complete stranger :)