Wednesday, June 10, 2009

New Baby Moore

Thanks for all the congrats, friends.

I thought I would share a few more details about this new addition to our family.

I am very newly pregnant--five weeks, I think. I am a pregnancy-sharer. I cannot hold in the news for more than a day or two. I understand the reasoning behind waiting to share, but it's just not in me to keep it a secret. I am so newly pregnant, that the full-fledged nausea and exhaustion hasn't fully set in yet. The blogging may dwindle when that day arrives;)

We are so excited about this pregnancy. It was a different experience finding out than when I found out with Ada. We have been hoping for a baby for several months now, so I had taken several negative pregnancy tests. It was a bit unbelievable to see the two lines indicating that a life is, indeed, growing inside of me. This time my tears were just out of excitement, not a mixture of excitement and panic as they were with Ada.

I still was unable to wait on Scott to take the pregnancy test, so I had to call him at work with the news. He was just as excited and shocked as I was. I stared at the test forever, not believing it was true. As I then called my mom and sister, I continued to hold the test in my hand and look around at my messy house, and I felt very thankful that we have 10 months to prepare for this baby's arrival. Though I was a bit panicked over the birth of Ada, I was also dying for her to arrive, and I wished away the months. This time, I think I will be thankful for all the time I can get in order to adjust our lives (as much as possible) to make room for another little personality.

When Ada woke up from her nap that day, I asked her if she wanted mom to have a baby, and she said, "nooooo," in a sing-song voice. Since then, however, she always says yes. Obviously, she has no clue how this will rock her world.

We have already looked at pictures to see what this tiny baby looks like at this point, and he or she is a little tadpole. But a baby, nonetheless, tucked safely inside my womb. I love it. His (or her) little nervous system and brain and even skeleton are starting to develop; can you believe it? It truly is such a miracle, and as my mom said, no matter what happens with this pregnancy, this baby has already made its mark on our family. He or she will always be my second; just as Ada will always be my first born--the one who made me a mom.

16 comments:

The Murphrees said...

Pregnancy is such a blessing. Sometimes it seems like 9 months is forever but I am so thankful for it. It is giving us so much time to prepare and just enjoy each other before she arrives. I will be praying for a smooth pregnancy for you.

Amanda said...

Such a sweet post. We are excited for Baby Moore!!!!

Sarah Garner said...

congratulations! I was telling Adam the story about Ada vomiting and Scott bringing her to the tub. After I finished I said don't you think that's funny? He said well I thought Scott had a good idea so I'm a little confused. Wow, men

*Jill* said...

congrats!! I came over from Lamm's blog (we met at Knox's b'day party). Just wanted to say congratulations!

Scott said...

Sarah, It's all about the risk/reward. Just think, if I had made it, the only clean up involved would have been turning the faucet on. As it turns out we we had to scrub Ada's dresser, the ceiling, and the base molding. You win some you lose some.

I think men are just bigger risk takers.

Ben Finch said...

hey will i see you n the 4th?

Ben Finch said...

hey will i see you n the 4th? hope you got all my messages! WOO HOO!

Carrie said...

Yea for the new baby! Congratulations!

The Slagleys said...

Congratulations Moores! I know you are so excited- Ada is going to be so fun as a big sister! I think there is a lot less panic the second time around, I guess you just know that you really will make it afterall. We are praying for you!

The Glovers said...

yipee for babies!

Laura Forman said...

How exciting!!! Baby Moore is just a month behind Baby Forman :) I will tell you I am in the sick and tired stage now, it's hard with a little one running around! Praying for you friend!! :)

Ashley Turnbull said...

Again, great news! I am so happy for you guys and can't wait to see the ways that God will provide for you and the additional family member. His timing is perfect!

Krista said...

Hey Laura Beth! I happened upon your blog via Ann and Ashley's. I spend the summer in EA with Ann and was roommates with Ashley. I never comment (due to google reader), but love reading your posts. Congrats on baby #2!

Katie said...

Congratulations!! I am so happy for the you!! I can't wait to let Brian know!

Unknown said...

Congrats!! Such exciting news!! Are you hoping blue or pink?

Hollen said...

That is so awesome!! :) How cool! I haven't checked your blog for so long that I didn't know! :) LOL I just asked my mom if she knew that and she goes, "Yeah." and I was like..."How come I didn't know?" HAHA :) I will be praying that everything goes well during your pregnancy and that baby #2 will be healthy! :)
Hollen