Friday, June 19, 2009

Sweet Scott

I must take a minute to brag on my husband. He is currently going above and beyond the call of duty as husband and dad.

After spending the whole day watching Ada while I slept away the nausea, he is now downstairs cleaning the kitchen and the living room. And I do mean cleaning. When I said good-night, he had moved all of the chairs out of the kitchen so that he could sweep and mop the floor.

And, because I am so proud of him being Mr. Fix-It, I also must tell you that he fixed our breaks today. I must confess that I was very skeptical, but I have apologized over and over again for doubting his ability because lo and behold, he did it, and it saved us quite a bit of money.

I think (because he mentioned this) he is feeling the urge to learn how to "take care of things" around the house just in case he needs to teach his son one day. I keep warning him that we have no way of knowing whether this baby is a boy or a girl, and he says he will be excited either way, but I sense that his heart is set on boy. I honestly think it would be fun for Ada to have a little sister, but of course, either gender holds much excitement as we imagine what this little person will add to our family.

Though I love Ada and all of her sass and spunk, I do hope that God might send me a little quiet, go with the flow, servant type, Scott. Ada has all of my emotions plus some, I do believe, so I think a mini-Scott would be just the thing to add to the family. We'll see, though. God is already knitting this little one together, and I have no doubt that he knows exactly what will work best for us.

By the way, as I was saying good-night, we both admitted to each other that we hate this part of pregnancy. I know that I am no fun to be around right now. We then had fun imagining what pregnancy would have been like without the fall of man. Hmmm...I am guessing no sickness and the most minimal of weight gain. Or maybe the weight gain would be considered beautiful...hmmm? We also talked about how simple labor and delivery would be. Oh well, it is part of the curse, right? And Scott is feeling it with me, bless his heart. I am so thankful that he loves me unconditionally;)

2 comments:

Suehaad said...

that is just the sweetest thing i have read in a long time.

Rachel said...

I hope you are feeling better! The only thing I could stomach for weeks was pancakes...just eat very small bland meals- the one thing I will warn you about with the Zofran is to load up on your fiber, if you know what I mean :)
It is completely worth it though! I hope it is working for you.