Thursday, June 4, 2009

So thankful for the gospel

This morning, I find the following quote very encouraging.

“Jesus does not say, ‘Come to me, all you who have learned how to concentrate in prayer, whose minds no longer wander, and I will give you rest.’ No, Jesus opens his arms to his needy children and says, ‘Come to me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest.’

The criteria for coming to Jesus is messiness. Come overwhelmed with life. Come with your wandering mind. Come messy.”
—Paul Miller,
A Praying Life (Colorado Springs, CO: NavPress 2009), 31-32

I start most days overwhelmed by life (and I don't live a hard life. In fact, I live a rather easy one) and the work that needs to be done within me and around me. I am thankful that I don't have to get any of that cleaned up in order to come to the cross. Oh how messy I am, and that is exactly where Christ meets me.

1 comment:

Milla said...

Thanks so much for that thought this morning! I really needed that! I hope this day is good for you and Ada...