Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Still Alive

I haven't blogged in a few days because there hasn't been much to report other than I feel sick and exhausted and all of that fun stuff that goes along with first trimester. Though my pregnancy with Ada wasn't quite the doozy that this one has been.

However, the zofran is in my system and it is helping a ton!! And my mom and Ann have been here for the past few days, and that alone has served as a distraction and an encouragement, so I have felt better. I even went with Ann and her kids to Perimeter Mall, and I snagged an amazing deal at Gymboree--several Christmas shirts for Ada for 1.99 each!! I was psyched. So, there is a hint of normalcy hovering at the surface of my life.

And being around precious 4 1/2 month old Andrew has been just the thing to remind me that there is an end result to all of this and it is oh so worth it.

What have I found to eat? Lots and lots and lots of saltines, and I occasionally add some peanut butter for protein. I am sucking on sour jolly ranchers, and I am drinking my mom's mixture of ginger ale and grapefruit flavored crystal light. That really hits the spot most of the time. The crazy thing? Diet coke sounds incredibly unappealing to me right now. Yuck. And yesterday, my most normal day since the sickness hit, I ate three normal meals. That was a record. Bottom line...we are going to make it to second trimester, and before I know it, I will feel this little person kicking around inside of me, and all of this will seem more like a baby and less like a really bad virus.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

so glad your family is there to distract you and help out a little to distract Ada. and glad you are having some normal days in there too. hey, maybe you will be able to kick the DC habit?? may not :)

Jessica said...

Crystal light is on sale at Publix! :) Glad to hear things are a bit better...and there's nothing better than a trip to a NICE MALL to pick up your spirits! Those kind of trips are few and far between in these here parts!

Elizabeth said...

What a nice way to describe all the chaos of our visit - as a distraction. It was definitely that!

You failed to mention all the fighting over the balloons and toys and everything else - and the bedtime hoopla and bathtime stuff. But I think the cousins bonded even more - don't you? Amazing how that works.

I missed my gigantic Ada hug this morning. Those red curls and outstretched arms and huge grin running toward me. Love Near