Saturday, June 27, 2009

Saturday Happenings

Things I am loving today
1. All of our purchases made with a $500 Ikea gift card. You need to jump on the online offer bandwagon, I'm telling you.
We have some new purchases sitting in our living room, and I am still contemplating whether or not they work in here, so I will most likely be back later with photos. Things I am deciding on--a bigger coffee table, more "to scale" with our couch, the original coffee table as a side table to hold our new lamp, and drapes for the windows behind the couch. I do believe these purchases will make the living room more complete, though we still have two walls to paint. All in good time, my friends, all in good time. (Scott was exhausted after the shopping trip. Can you tell?)
Okay, observe in the picture below what I am deciding. Does the coffee table work? Scott really likes it. I like it, but I don't love it. We also purchased a sofa table and two lamps, but the sofa table didn't really work; our couch is just too long. So now I wish I could put the lamps on either side of the sofa, but I don't have a table that works on the side with the floor lamp. That is the main quandary. Where do I find a tiny little table for that corner? We still have 100.00 left to spend at Ikea, so maybe I will stumble across something there. Do you agree that the lamps on either side need to match? And do you think the old coffee table as a side table works? I still need to hang the drapes, so the picture is a work in progress. I will be back with "after" photos.
Ada is currently engrossed in playing with her new wooden train set from Ikea. She loves it, and is completely oblivious that it is not actually the same "Thomas" set as the one at Near's (my mom). She can't get enough of her Ikea train, and she can't stop talking about it when we are away from it.
2. I'm loving Route 44 sized water from Sonic with lots of ice and lemon and lime. Oh my goodness. The Lord has been good to me this pregnancy as he has given me quite the craving for water. This is a new thing in my life, and it makes getting my daily water much easier. I really can't stomach many other beverages other than ice cold water.

3. I love Saturday itself. I always love Saturday because Scott is home and life is easier. It's been an exhausting Saturday spent mostly at Ikea, but it's been one where much was accomplished. Though it is early, I feel the nesting coming on, and I have a long to-do list going in my head. Getting the downstairs complete before baby #2 arrives is definitely a must, and today I checked many things off.
4. I love that there is a girly movie awaiting me after Ada goes down for the night. In a very uncharacteristic move, Scott agreed to watch He's Not That Into You with me. We never ever ever agree on movies, but apparently he likes a lot of the actors in this movie? Who knows, but I will take it. I never watch mindless girl movies anymore, and it is just the ticket for a night of relaxing. Do you agree?

So, it's been a good day. A normal day, and that I can appreciate.

8 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I love the coffee table from what I can tell about it. I also love Ada's train!!! I'm so glad she found one and it has that bridge/tunnel. I love it. I bet Luke would too.

Love, MOM

Laura Forman said...

okay, so how in the world did you get a 500 dollar gift card to IKEA?

Amanda said...

I do like the big coffee table. You know we have the same big couch/big table issue as well. You have alot of room in your den. It looks great!
Also, I don't think the lamps or side tables have to match. I'm not a very matchy person though. Lookin good!

Deanna said...

Ice water with lime from Sonic was my pregnancy staple! Unfortunately, the craving for water disappeared as soon as I had the babies. This heat is bringing it back a little though. :)

Oh, and I like the coffee table a lot!

Jessica said...

I like the coffee table...and good use of your old one on the side. I don't think you necessarily need the two lamps to match on either side. I'm kinda all for a more less matching style when it comes to that. But that's just my opinion...to me decorating is all about the person and their style.

Ashley Turnbull said...

I like the table, too! I think it works perfectly! Could you exchange the other thing you bought at Ikea for two matching end tables? Since you're not going to use the sofa table? Also, I don't think it all has to match, but I like the idea of similar end tables and/or lamps.

Amy said...

David's convinced his off brand trains are 'Thoman' and 'Emly'. Hah. I hope it continues! You'll should build a train table- Ada would love it. We built ours and the top comes out and we painted the other side w/ chalk board paint so he can color on it. We built it w/ materials for less than $30. Though, you do have to have a circular saw (we had to borrow one). He plays with that thing every single day.

jane said...

the coffe table works great-- books under and space on top for toys food etc...
and the red kitchen is super precious!!!