Sunday, January 18, 2009

Another good day of Publix shopping











We went to Publix today, armed with plenty of coupons, and a list of the BOGO deals that I wanted to take advantage of. Here is what I walked away with; I was not disappointed.

1 Publix White Grape Juice .01 (it was today's "mystery" item)
2 Eggo Waffles at .45 each
2 Betty Crocker Blueberry Muffin Mix @ .50 each
2 Betty Crocker Lemon Poppyseed Muffin Mix @ .50 each
2 cans of French's French Fried onions (for a recipe) @ 2.24 each (not on sale)
4 bottles of Lysol All Purpose Cleaner @ .35 each
2 Mott's Apple Juice @ 1.48 each (no coupons)
.5 lb of Boar's Head Lemon Pepper Chicken deli meat 4.15 (no sale or coupons)
4 cans of Del Monte green beans @ .64 each (sale, but no coupons)
2 tubs of "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" @ .45 each
2 bottles of Lawry's Marinade @ .42 each
5.5 lbs of chicken leg quarters @ .59 per lb (3.26 total, sale, no coupons)

Total before sale and coupons= 65.62
Total that I paid OOP (out of pocket)=23.62
Here you will find other great Publix deals.

It is incredible the amount of money that you can save if you just know how to work the system. It has transformed our budget. I love it!!!
p.s. notice that Ada wanted in on the action. She fussed and fussed until I put her up in her chair, and then grinned like never before. She's learning to be excited about a good deal already;)
p.s.s. Scott says that I am a huge dork for posting a picture of my groceries. His opinion, however, does not deter me in the least.

8 comments:

Sarah Garner said...

holy cow, i am so impressed. i'm really trying lb but my goal is just for my savings to beat my oop but it doesn't happen very often. you smash it!!! ada is so stinkin adorable. ps we live in north brookhaven at ashford dunwoody and johnson ferry

Unknown said...

I, for one, love to see pictures of the deals everyone gets! Thanks for posting them!

Ashley Turnbull said...

LB that is great! Now, did you use more than (1) manufacturer's coupon and (1) store coupon together? Your prices seem so low. I know Publix will not only double .50 coupons but they will also take (2) mfg's coupons on BOGO items. Is that how you did it?

Way to go! I'm actually not going this week b/c I am so stocked w/ goods. Whohoo!

Suehaad said...

love the pics mixed in with the post and thanks for allowing us to see the pics on google reader. it's so much better!

The Slagleys said...

I love hearing about other people's savings- I am obsessed with working the system at Publix and CVS! And- I am with you on the pictures... I feel like it puts it into perspective if you can see what you get for so little money!

Bethany said...

Great job on the deals! I am heading there tomorrow after I drop Tim off at the airport. Your list is similar to mine. It's funny because Tim thinks the same thing as Scott about me taking pics and posting my deals. I don't care either...I love it! :)

rhodes1 said...

Wow, that's incredible, and those pictures of Ada are absolutely adorable!! Celine was amazing by the way, and that is a painting of you and Ada, but I didn't want to tell you because I wasn't necessarily trying to make it look like the two of you...

Mary said...

Thats so GREAT! Way to go!