Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Suddenly I am remembering the hard part of college

If you know me well at all, I tend to remember my years at Auburn in a bit unrealistic fashion--as in, life was perfect, Auburn is paradise, etc. etc.

And, I still think those things. Really, I do. But this week, as I was tutoring at midnight and longing to be in bed fast asleep, I had flash backs to papers that were written at 4 am, after spending all day locked in a study room in the library with a lap top and books too confusing for me to understand. I remember driving down college street at midnight to pick up a coffee from Taylor's wondering if I would ever live life on a normal schedule again. Ahhh yes. That part of college all came flooding back.

Just between us, though, I even miss that part. The crazy rush that comes from staying up all night long and sliding that paper under my professor's door at the last second, then going home to spend the rest of the day in bed, catching up on the sleep I lost all week.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I miss it too! Also, it is better when you can take a 3 hour nap after turning in or taking a test. Now it is work me and baby Ada for you right? No naps anymore :)

Milla said...

Ah yes... I miss it too sometimes. That feeling of relief, of accomplishment, of sheer exhaustion! So fun..

rhodes1 said...

I'm just wondering how you got away with sleeping all day the next day, what about your other classes?

By the way, you left your brown sweater and I've been wearing if none stop. I'm going to be very sad when I have to give it back :)