Friday, January 23, 2009

Frustrated

It's 5:16 pm, and we have friends coming over for dinner at 7 pm. I have not showered yet, and the downstairs needs to be cleaned, dinner cooked, and Ada bathed and bedded, and I am blogging. My priorities are clearly in order.

But...I had to write and say this...I just went to Wal-Mart with big plans to buy lots of great things for free or nearly free, and nothing that I heard was on sale was actually on sale. I was the most excited about .22 Cascadian Farms frozen veggies. Not only were these veggies not on sale, I don't think Wal-Mart even carries them. This continues to happen to me and not just in Wal-Mart. I make my list using The Grocery Game or Couponmom or the various blogs I read, and I get to the store only to find that the list isn't accurate. Can someone help me? Is there a list you use that is always accurate? I am going to try your list, Jennifer. It's worth a shot. Needless to say, the grocery gaming isn't going well so far this week, and I haven't even told you the story about Ada in Publix this morning. Oh dear.

Well, as they say, the best laid plans...

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I have run into the exact same problems...not on sale what people say is. I am guessing it varies from city to city. We had a rough day in Publix too my friend. Grant was screaming as was Hannah...who are both sick with runny noses. I couldn't think straight and picked up wrong things but didn't realize it after the fact. And Hannah through her bow somewhere in Publix. Maybe some little girl out there can benefit from Hannah's unruliness! She's asked me several times since then where her bow is and if I'll go get it. What a treat it would be to go shopping alone!

Jennifer said...

The site I gave you really is good. We have found almost all of the sales discussed on it. One thing we did learn that may be helpful to you is that all Kroger's are supposed to take Food Lion's coupons, as is Publix. And Food Lion has printable coupons on their website. And if you have a Food Lion brand coupon, Publix will let you use it on a Publix brand product. Also, even if there isn't a Food Lion in your area, they are supposed to still take it. We don't have a Food Lion in our area. I hope that site helps some!