Saturday, January 3, 2009

The coupons are rolling in

Okay ya'll, I just picked up the early edition of the Sunday paper, and the coupons are so very good. In one paper (not a double issue) I got two red plum inserts, two smart source inserts, and a General Mills coupon insert. It's worth buying multiple copies of the paper this week, even if you don't normally do it. It may also be worth a dumpster dive:)

Here are the best deals I am seeing--

In one of the Red Plum inserts, there is a 1.00 off Johnson's coupon, including Johnson's buddies products. Wal-Mart and Target carry Johnson's buddies soap for a dollar when on sale, so stock up on these, and get lots of free soap for the kiddos. Other stores carry the soap, but they are usually a bit more than a dollar. You could still get some super cheap soap using the coupon, though.

The General Mills insert has a .50 off Green Giant Valley Fresh Steamers. These often go on sale for 1.00 at Kroger, and with a doubled coupon, that equals free vegetables. Again this means collect multiple coupons and stock up on the freebies!! I will let you know as soon as I hear that Kroger is having the sale. And if I here of other stores where they are on sale for 1.00, I will let you know. Do they go on sale for 1.00 at Publix? Does anyone know?

Also...if you live near a CVS, check out the Christmas 75% off section. They have a lot of chocolate candy on sale for .75 a piece. Combined with a coupon that could be almost free. This is great for baking, and for snacking:)

I haven't gone through all of the coupons yet, but those are the ones catching my eye. It's a great way to start the year, lots and lots of money saved.

If you are new to couponing or to the CVS game go here and here to get started.

No comments: