Friday, January 16, 2009



Yesterday, Ada and I were facing an entire day with no car. Combine that fact with the crazy cold temperatures outside, and we were facing a day of staring at the walls of this house. When I decided that I couldn't stand to watch "Baby MacDonald" for the tenth time in a row, I remembered the play dough tucked away in the drawer for just a moment like this one. Thanks Ashley and Knox, for passing this out as a party favor. It really rescued us yesterday.


And when she tired of the play dough, out came the pen and paper. A little bit of drawing on the skin never hurt a child, right?

p.s. she was a bit confused with the play dough at first. She was wearing a bib and sitting at the table in her booster seat; who wouldn't have thought the play dough was for eating rather than playing?

























This morning, Ada found her own entertainment once Baby MacDonald got old. Whatever, works, right? I applaud her creativity and sense of adventure;)















5 comments:

Hollen said...

LOL That is funny and Ada is so cute. :)
Hollen

Jessica said...

those are such cute pictures in the dryer!! Hannah still tries to eat the playdough! The other day it was paint! Yum! It makes complete sense to eat it though when they are at the table with a bib! haha!

Ashley said...

Knox and I are so glad that you and Ada were able to use the party favors as a sanity-saver! :) We just found out that Knox LOVES to color--another plus of becoming Kidz Klub regulars at the gym.

Bethany said...

Cute pictures! You've inspired me to bring out the playdough for Caroline. Hopefully we will have a great experience like you all! Also, do you think the library will be open on Monday with it being MLK day?

Mary Ann said...

Laura Beth,
I was so glad to see the pictures of Ada. I love when you have pictures of her and/or when you tell the latest things she's doing and saying. I thought about the two of you stuck in the house with this brutally cold weather. However, I did not know that you were without a car. I guess it was just a matter of time until Ada got in the dryer. Oh dear!

Love,
Mary Ann