Tuesday, January 13, 2009

So many ways that God provides

Scott and I are in a season of life that can be discouraging at times. There are days when I am tired of budgeting and couponing and crunching numbers and cleaning and the list could go on and on. Now, when I have proper perspective on life, I realize that we live an incredibly comfortable life. We have blessings in abundance. But, I don't always have the proper perspective on life. In fact, I have been known, more often than not, to have a distorted perspective:)

I have found that in this season of penny pinching, God provides in very small ways. He, of course, meets our needs in abundance. There is no question about that. But I feel like he also meets my wants, or, maybe I should say that he meets my emotional needs.

For example, as I have mentioned multiple times, we found a wonderful photographer to take Ada's picture back in December, and the result was beautiful pictures for a very low price. Until December, I did not have Ada's picture done because I didn't want to sacrifice quality. Cindy Stansberry allowed us to get quality photos for a price that fit our budget. As a mom, I am so thankful for those pictures. It just blessed my heart, not to sound cliche. I think that those photos will always remind me of this season of our life when God provided in such small ways.

Now, it's happening again. Hooray, a program much like snapfish or Kodak gallery, is giving away a free photo book, and you have from now until January 20th to take advantage of this offer. All you have to pay is 7.99 in shipping. The book normally costs 35.00 in addition to shipping. So on top of having that wonderful photo session with Cindy Stansberry, I am now uploading those photos into a photo book, for only 7.99. I know it's such a small thing, but I am so thankful for it. It's not something we have to have, but it's such a treat. A gift.

1 comment:

Ashley Turnbull said...

Friend,

I LOVE pictures. And, so, I want to meet up w/ you guys when you're home next time and do some practicing on Miss Ada! I would LOVE it! And, I will Photoshop them and make them all nice and professional...:)

Can I do that?? I would have the BEST time - AND I get major practice for my own little one! Let's make a date!!!

PS> I always get great deals on photobooks (most for free w/ shipping). I got 2 in November and December. I'll forward you the offers next time. I usually forward freebies to friends.