Monday, January 12, 2009

Two weeks worth of meals

At the beginning of January, Scott began getting paid every other Friday, rather than every Friday, and we are having to adjust a bit to this. We are used to Friday being pay day, and I am now having to really monitor myself to make sure I don't spend two weeks worth of money in one week. I failed the test this first week:) Practice makes perfect, right? So, I took inventory of what we had in the pantry and fridge and cabinets, and I came up with 14 meals, with minimum need to buy anything extra. Below I have listed those 14 meals, and underneath each meal is whatever I needed to purchase for that meal. I made a trip to Aldi yesterday to purchase the necessities, and I spent about 17.00. So...I am 17.00 over budget, sadly, but I am still feeling good that I was able to come up with this many meals because of stock piling. I am going to try my hardest to come back with several of these recipes, but for now I will just post the plan. I am not sure if we will eat these meals in this order, but it at least gives me 14 meals to pull from.

1--Chicken Tortilla Casserole, mexican rice

shredded cheddar


2--Creamy Herb Pork Chops over noodles, salad

dressing (BOGO at Publix)


3--white chicken chili

great northern beans

white corn


4--Santa Fe Soup

ground beef


5--chicken parmesan and penne

mozzarella


6--Creamy skillet chicken


7--one dish chicken and rice


8--little smokies in barbecue sauce, baked beans, macaroni and cheese

barbecue sauce


9--stir fried chicken and veggies with fried rice and lo mein noodles


10--pinto beans and sausage with rice


11--crock pot chicken and stuffing


12 & 13--BOGO pork tenderloin, veggies, rice


breakfast--slim fast bars, fiber one bars


lunch--sandwiches, chips, yogurt, and leftovers


Aldi list--

dressing

rice

cheese--cheddar and mozzarella

barbecue sauce

ground beef

As always, check out Organizing Junkie every Monday for lots and lots of meal ideas.

1 comment:

Ann said...

Wow! I don't know if I could plan 2 weeks ahead. I hate planning for more than a week. Do you have my manual breastpump? If it's not too much trouble, can you throw it in the package also? Thanks!