Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Design Question

As you know, I have spent many hours pouring over paint colors, and I have finally decided on colors for the downstairs of my house. Now I just have to actually buy the paint and set aside the time to do it.

There is one room still missing, though. The guest bathroom downstairs. It is a full bath, but a very small one, and I think I would like to do a really fun color with it. Something a bit funky, if you will. I have a green shower curtain with white "sketched" flowers. You know what, let me take a picture. Hold on...




Okay, so there you have it, the two things I am working around in the bathroom--my shower curtain and my Vogue pictures. Once I have decided on a color and finished painting, I will most likely put together two more Vogue pictures, and I will hang all four on the wall. Okay, so all you design types out there (yes, Amanda, I am talking to you) and anyone else who wants to contribute. What color should I paint the bathroom? Help me. Please.

5 comments:

joy said...

okay, you know you are out of my league of decorating-a bit more chic and funk than me, but what about a subtle gold/yellow, playing off the earrings in the photo? I'll have Ben take a look-he is SO good at interior stuff. Meanwhile i will be looking for a sample of something the color I'm talking about...

joy said...

Okay, so try ralph lauren paint swatch website. My favorites where golden yellow and wild daisy..its hard to tell what they would look like and you never have to use that brand, but maybe it helps...

Lindsay said...

You could do a cool orangey or rust color - that would look good against the green and be funky too!

Ben Finch said...

So...Joy asked me to have a look. I am possibly the only guy who would ever respond to this...I am totally losing macho points among my mates. But...check this out & see what you think. It is hard to tell the colors in your picture, but it may be in the ballpark.

HEX: #D44833 RGB: 212, 72, 51

Ben Finch

Redheaded Adventures said...

My vote is for an orange - hard to tell the exact shade to suggest from the pics but a burnt pumpkiny color!