Thursday, January 22, 2009

Another late night of couponing ahead of me

I am up late tonight, after the rest of the household, because I am unexpectedly going out of town for the weekend.

Sarah, my younger sister, turns 22 (?) this weekend, and at the last minute I have decided to travel to Auburn for Saturday night--expenses paid by my wonderful mother who is doing the weekend for Sarah, but it feels a bit like it's my birthday as well. I always love escaping the life I am living to play "college student" with my younger sisters in Auburn. Granted, after one night I am dying to come back home to the hubby and hilarious little Ada. But...back to the topic at hand.

I am up late because I feel a need to organize and plan and list make so that I can do the grocery shopping before I leave for the weekend. I really, really, really want to stay under 50.00. I have enough groceries stocked up that I really shouldn't be spending more than that on any given week. And I have spotted some good deals this week, so it just might be possible. It is not possible, however, without a lot of planning and preparation. So...as Scott and I were getting ready for bed, I realized that I really needed to stay up and prepare for the grocery trip, so here I am. Gilmore Girls is on the television (I am starting over with Season One), a fire is going in the fire place, and my coupons are spread out all around me. Here we go. I'll let you know how it goes....

6 comments:

Bethany said...

Have fun this weekend. If you every need coupons, I probably have more than enough. :) (from my neighbor's free papers) Just shoot me an email...ccldtrose@yahoo.com

See you on Monday at the library.

lifeduringnaptime said...

Kroger has awesome deals this week. Green Giant veggies .59 each and .09 if you got $5 off 10 item megaevent. Crest Pro-health - free with coupon & pg saver online. I was able to go from 97.00 to 51 this week! Right at my 50 dollar budget ( and hubby was with me so he tossed a few things not on the list :)

Elizabeth said...

Sarah will be 23, actually.

Love, MOM :-)

Jessica said...

so funny, I did the same thing last night! Have fun in Auburn!

Jennifer said...

Hey Laura Beth! This site http://southernsavers.com is great because it outlines the sales at Kroger & Publix and tells you what inserts the coupons should be from. And it's free. You should check it out! Have fun on your trip!

Jennifer said...

Hey Laura Beth! This site http://southernsavers.com is great because it outlines the sales at Kroger & Publix and tells you what inserts the coupons should be from. And it's free. You should check it out! Have fun on your trip!